07 January, 2013

Beauty in miniatures


I know some people don’t like posts about Christmas gifts, but here I’m showing you a few of my favourite mini beauty products that I got.

You, Latest in Beauty advent calendar 
I had a beauty advent calendar from Latest in Beauty, which had a range of carefully selected beauty products. 


1.    StTropez Instant Glow Body Lotion 50ml – Move over Rimmel, this stuff works a dream! The light formula gives you a natural bronze glow with a subtle shimmer finish. I always wear this on my legs on a night out. A little tip...put a small amount on your cheekbones; I find it similar to Benefits High Beam.

2.    Dermalogica Favourites Pack – this pack included Special Cleansing Gel, Daily Microfoliant, Skin Smoothing Cream and MultiVitamin Power Firm. I have super sensitive skin and found that the scrub was a bit too harsh on my skin and I had a burning sensation after I used it. So it was removed from my routine (that’s why it’s not in the image). But other than that I can’t grumble. Dermalogica products are expensive, so I do recommend getting yourself a ‘trial kit’ to try before you buy. The Favourites Pack did make me skin feel baby bum smooth and I could feel a dramatic change compared to when I use other cleansers and moisturisers. The Skin Smoothing Cream is something I would like to invest in, I can recommend it to people with dry/sensitive skin!

3.    L’Occitane Shea Butter Hand Cream 10ml – this smells yum and the size fits comfortably in my bag, it has honey, almond and coconut extracts. The texture is thick and creamy and quickly rubs into your skin leaving them moisturised and nourished. I am a bit obsessed with this, and it’s not the first time I’ve tried it. You don’t need a great amount because the texture is so rich and creamy, if you like soft scented moisturises you’ll appreciate this. 


1.    NickyClarke Instant Calmer 30ml – does what it says on the bottle. Simply apply to damp hair and cya fly aways! It has left my hair feeling sleek and manageable. My hair sometimes goes frizzy after drying it but this Instant Calmer smoothes out any frizz - you miracle.  

2.    BalmBalm Organic Lip Balm 7ml – at first I was a bit wary because the texture is a bit gritty but once it’s rubbed into your lips it helps keeps the dryness at bay. I use this before I go to bed and wake up with kissable soft lips. It’s a great daily lip treatment.

3.    RichardWard Volumiser Root Booster 50ml – I have long thick hair, so the weight pulls my hair down, I have to use rollers to get some volume in my hair. I’ve tried volumising powder, mousse, shampoo, conditioner and sprays. But I actually found that this spray made a difference and I now use it every time I do my hair. I simply spray it onto damp hair all over concentrating on the roots and blow dry my hair downwards. It does leave you with a very faint powerdy/sticky residue but it really does leave my hair looking bigger!

Jess
xxx



2 comments:

  1. These are great, I have long thick hair as well so I need to pick it up :)

    http://alittlebitunique.blogspot.co.uk/

    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comment, the Nicky Clarke Instant Calmer is a miracle worker! x

    ReplyDelete