09 February, 2013

CURRENT OBSESSIONS: Laura Mercier - Instyle's Best Voted Primer and Tinted Moisturiser


Instyle magazine is my favourite mag, I get a few of my outfit ideas from there. I do love Vogue and all the other high end fashion magazines but I can't afford £5,000 shoes and I can't wear the glossy pages! Instyle published "100 Best Beauty Buys 2012" and Laura Mercier Primer and Tinted Moisturiser got voted the winners so that encouraged me to take the plunge and invest in some make-up which comes from good recommendation.

Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturiser colour - Almond

Yes they are slightly pricey, the Primer was £28 and the Tinted Moisturiser was £33. However, you can't get flawless skin for free! I decided to get the oil-free tinted moisturiser as my skin is a bit greasy. 

The Primer is a light gel, it feels like you are applying moisturiser. It provides me with a good base for my face and after using this product for a week I have noticed that my make-up lasts longer. It also means that my skin isn't eating up the Tinted Moisturiser. I also have worn this underneath my other foundations and on it's own.

Top Tip: Put your Primer in the fridge, when you apply it in the morning it feels lovely and refreshing.


The Tinted Moisturiser is similar to Liz Earle's Sheer Tint, it doesn't have excellent coverage but you can't really expect that from just a tinted moisturiser. I decided to switch to this from Mac's foundation because I wanted something lighter and I've gone off the 'matt' look. I wanted something with a bit of a natural sheen without clogging up my pores, and this definitely delivers! I now have a natural glow and my skin stays hydrated throughout the day and because the primer doesn't budge. 


Ta dah! The final result (please excuse the rubbish picture of me) as you can see the look is very natural and provides me with the right amount of coverage for everyday use. I can now see why the Tinted Moisturiser have been voted Number 1 for the past 8 years running. In my opinion both products deserve a 10 out of 10! 

Love
Jess
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment